The Mediterranean Centre for Audiovisual Communication is a network to encourage broadcasting cooperation, bringing together television companies, producers and others working in broadcasting within the Mediterranean cultural area.
Founded in 1995, the CMCA is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Marseille.
The CMCA is:
– Information Producer and online service about audiovisual, cinema and festivals in the Mediterranean
– Documentary series coordinator having the Mediterranean as a common denominator in its cultural influence and society issues
– Promoter of documentary films from all Mediterranean region
– Principal organizer of PriMed, the International Festival of Mediterranean documentary and reportage
– Partner with other organizations about different projects, debates, training actions
RADIO AND TELEVISIONS
EPTV (Algeria), HRT (Croatia), URTE (Egypt), France Télévisions (France), TV5MONDE (France), RAI (Italy), JRTV (Jordan), 2M (Morocco), Télévision Tunisienne (Tunisia), TRT (Turkey), TV5MONDE (France), Via Stella (France), Al Mamlaka TV (Jordan).
International Association of Independent Producers of the Mediterranean (APIMED), Les Films du Soleil.
International Radio and Television Union (URTI), Institut National de l’Audiovisuel (INA), Pôle Régional de L’image, du Multimédia et de l’Internet (PRIMI), Ecole Supérieure de Journalisme (ESJ-Pro).
The CMCA is active for more than 20 years for audiovisual in the Mediterranean
1986 : Creation of the CMCA as URTI departement
1990 : Setting-up of the office in Marseille
1994 : 1st edition of PriMed
1995 : Le CMCA become an independent association
2001 : The CMCA is online http://www.cmca-med.org
2001 : Creation of newsletter “Méditerranée Audiovisuelle – La Lettre”
2008 : Creation of training program with the collaboration of INA
2009 : PriMed settles down definitively in Marseille
2010 : A new websote dedicated to PriMed : www.primed.tv
CMCA webTv is oline !
2011 : Creation of a new training about new writings and new medias
2013 : Création of webdocumentary project : marseille-multimedia-mediterranee
2015 : Launch of www.mediterranee-audiovisuelle.com the website dedicated to professionals of audiovisual in Mediterranean.